5 Tips: Using Social Media Effectively
A must read article for musicians is out now from thenextweb.com. Courtney Boyd Myers interviews Gray Blue, FanBridge’s director of music industry relations, for her article: Social Media Smarts for Musicians. We particularly liked the section where she asks: What are 5 rockstar ways bands can make more money and better engage with their audience through social media? Please pay careful attention to these answers:
- Do – provide your fans with information. If your fans don’t know how to buy your tickets, get to your shows, put their hands on your music, then you’re doing it wrong.
- Don’t – spam. Fans want you to talk to them, but no one likes to see their inbox/newsfeed/stream inundated by anyone or anything.
- Don’t – be afraid to sell something. Remember that what you’re creating is valuable. When you devalue yourself, so will everyone else, and not just in music.
- Don’t – forget about your music. All the tweeting, Facebooking, and emailing in the world won’t automatically create a fan base. As a performer, your music should be the priority, and online activity is an extension of what you make.
- Do – be grateful. As a musician, your fans are the ones that buy tickets, mp3s,t-shirts, etc, and allow you the ability to perform. The rush you get on stage, the joy you have when someone wears your shirt – that doesn’t exist without your fans. Thank them, appreciate them, be grateful to them.
Read the whole article here for more great information: http://thenextweb.com/socialmedia/2011/06/25/interview-with-fanbridge-social-media-smarts-for-musicians/
Connect with LAMA
Search This Blog
- Here’s a Song LACM Students and Everclear’s Art Alexakis Wrote Together
- An Evening at LAMA With Taboo of Black Eyed Peas
- LAMA Spring Quarter Special Announced
- LAMA Musicians Perform During Pasadena’s Shop Indie Day
- LAMA Drum Clinic: Aaron Spears
- LAMA Instructor Spotlight: Dave Murdy
- LAMA’s #LetsTalkMusic Series Continues with Glen Ballard
- Art Alexakis Visits LAMA for an Evening with Students, Alumni
- Dave Martone – “Top 10 Things You Need to Be Awesome”
- You’re Invited! LAMA Halloween Costume Party
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- November 2013 (5)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (6)
- August 2013 (8)
- July 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (4)
- May 2013 (14)
- April 2013 (12)
- March 2013 (5)
- February 2013 (9)
- January 2013 (9)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (7)
- October 2012 (9)
- September 2012 (6)
- August 2012 (6)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (5)
- May 2012 (7)
- April 2012 (9)
- March 2012 (13)
- February 2012 (9)
- January 2012 (9)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (7)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (11)
- August 2011 (10)
- July 2011 (8)
- June 2011 (14)
- May 2011 (13)
- April 2011 (17)
- March 2011 (3)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Arcade Fire Unleashes 'Everything Now': Listen
- Watch Meek Mill's 'We Ball' Featuring Young Thug
- Watch Estelle's 'Steven Universe' Music Video 'Stronger Than You'
- Broadway-Bound 'Mean Girls' Musical Sets Cast
- Billboard 200 Chart Moves: Bruno Mars' '24K Magic' Album Hits 1 Million Sold in U.S.
- LeAnn Rimes Leads Dance Club Songs Chart With 'LovE Is LovE Is LovE'
- Tracy Morgan Relishes Post-Crash Chance to Be a 'Better Man'
- Brandy Norwood Is Returning to 'Chicago' on Broadway
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Is Cool With Nickelback But Calls Chad Kroeger 'Captain Ego From Planet Douche'
- 5 Things Romeo Santos Does to Get Those Killer Biceps