New Facebook Music Service
The music industry has been looking for a game changer for a while — how can we get consumers to buy music? There have been some huge leaps forward, namely iTunes downloads, and more recently Spotify’s streaming service. But what if the music industry had access to 750 million active users? If rumors are true — that Facebook is about to enter the on-line music world later this year — then they might get that opportunity.
John Forter, a technology reporter for CNBC said:
Next month is going to be a big one for music. I’m hearing from someone familiar with the plans that Facebook plans to launch its long-rumored music service at the F8 conference on September 22. Now, it seems likely that Facebook won’t actually host the music, but will partner with others to do that.
We have to wonder whether this is an area that Facebook wants to even go near. The music industry is in quite the transition period. Facebook is the premier way to exchange music but it has relied mostly on sharing YouTube videos and Soundcloud tracks. It will be exciting to see what the first move is.
For more info check out – http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/09/02/facebook-to-launch-music-service-this-fall/
Connect with LAMA
Search This Blog
- Here’s a Song LACM Students and Everclear’s Art Alexakis Wrote Together
- An Evening at LAMA With Taboo of Black Eyed Peas
- LAMA Spring Quarter Special Announced
- LAMA Musicians Perform During Pasadena’s Shop Indie Day
- LAMA Drum Clinic: Aaron Spears
- LAMA Instructor Spotlight: Dave Murdy
- LAMA’s #LetsTalkMusic Series Continues with Glen Ballard
- Art Alexakis Visits LAMA for an Evening with Students, Alumni
- Dave Martone – “Top 10 Things You Need to Be Awesome”
- You’re Invited! LAMA Halloween Costume Party
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- November 2013 (5)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (6)
- August 2013 (8)
- July 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (4)
- May 2013 (14)
- April 2013 (12)
- March 2013 (5)
- February 2013 (9)
- January 2013 (9)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (7)
- October 2012 (9)
- September 2012 (6)
- August 2012 (6)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (5)
- May 2012 (7)
- April 2012 (9)
- March 2012 (13)
- February 2012 (9)
- January 2012 (9)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (7)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (11)
- August 2011 (10)
- July 2011 (8)
- June 2011 (14)
- May 2011 (13)
- April 2011 (17)
- March 2011 (3)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Luke Bryan Upgrades Wife's Engagement Ring: 'It Was the Least I Could Do'
- Celine Dion, Tim McGraw & More 'Go Purple' to Support LGBTQ Youth on Spirit Day
- Kane Brown Brings Rare Country Hit to Streaming Songs Chart
- Snoop Dogg Calls Out Donald Trump in New Song 'Make America Crip Again'
- P!nk Hits No. 1 on Dance Club Songs Chart With 'What About Us'
- Niall Horan Says One Direction Has 'Unfinished Business'
- Gucci Mane Slices His $75,000 Wedding Cake With a Sword
- Future & Young Thug Dropping 'Super Slimey' Collaboration at Midnight
- ZHU Partners With Adidas China to Debut New Song 'Waters of Monaco'
- Lady Gaga Returns to Studio With 'Born This Way' Producer DJ White Shadow