LAMA Spotlight: Local Eats
So you just aced your drumming exam. You’re exhausted and hungry! You are tired of Burger King so it’s time to check out other choices around campus and Pasadena in particular. We’re going to highlight a few local shops that keep us healthy and won’t break the bank, plus they are nearby! We also surveyed the LAMA Facebook page and added additional suggestions below:
1. Saladang – 363 South Fair Oaks Avenue Pasadena, CA 91105
Distance from campus: 30 ft
Authentic Thai food just a few feet from campus? You KNOW that we eat here about once a week. From the fried tofu to the Stir-Fried Eggplant it is hard to go wrong here. For you vegetarians out there make sure you notice that their vegetarian Dishes are prepared with Fish Sauce so if you are allergic you might want to request if they can prepare it without.
Check out what other eaters have to say about Saladang on their Yelp page here.
2. Porta Via Italian Foods – 1 W California Blvd #312 Pasadena, CA 91105
Distance from campus: .3 miles
Porta Via describes it like this on their website “At Porta Via, our passion is creating delicious foods inspired by the vibrant flavors of Italy, the Mediterranean and California in a modern café-style atmosphere that’s as warm and welcoming as an old neighborhood market. Our ingredients are fresh, our sandwiches handcrafted, and our soups made from original family recipes.” We cannot say enough for the atmosphere it really does make you feel like you are in a hip Italian cafe. You may get swayed by the delicious sandwiches but if you are health conscious you must try a “make it like you want it” salad. They give it to you in a large bowl and it is scrumptious.
Check out what other eaters have to say about Porta Via on their Yelp page here.
3. Zushi – 133 W California Blvd Pasadena, CA 91105
Distance from campus: .4 miles
Is there ever a bad time for sushi? In our world there isn’t. Located just .4 miles from campus Zushi will give you your fill of Avocado rolls, Edamame, and any kind of sushi you can think of! Japanese food is often known as one of the healthiest cuisines ever. Bands that tour Japan often come back quite a few pounds lighter. Bonus tip: If you like spice load up your sushi with Wasabi to clean your palate!
Student/Alumni suggestions, in no particular order:
- Burger Continental
- Tender Greens
- King Taco
- Lucky Boy
- Dog Haus
- Vince’s Deli
- Dona Rosa
- Taco Trucks (walk outside LAMA’s front entrance and look left)
- Pita Pita
- Zankou Chicken
There you go LAMA students! Just writing this article got us pretty hungry so we are going to take a walk over to Porta Via and grab us a salad. If you get a chance to check out any of these places we would love to see your pics — post them on our Facebook wall or Tweet us. Happy eating!
Connect with LAMA
Search This Blog
- Here’s a Song LACM Students and Everclear’s Art Alexakis Wrote Together
- An Evening at LAMA With Taboo of Black Eyed Peas
- LAMA Spring Quarter Special Announced
- LAMA Musicians Perform During Pasadena’s Shop Indie Day
- LAMA Drum Clinic: Aaron Spears
- LAMA Instructor Spotlight: Dave Murdy
- LAMA’s #LetsTalkMusic Series Continues with Glen Ballard
- Art Alexakis Visits LAMA for an Evening with Students, Alumni
- Dave Martone – “Top 10 Things You Need to Be Awesome”
- You’re Invited! LAMA Halloween Costume Party
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- November 2013 (5)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (6)
- August 2013 (8)
- July 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (4)
- May 2013 (14)
- April 2013 (12)
- March 2013 (5)
- February 2013 (9)
- January 2013 (9)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (7)
- October 2012 (9)
- September 2012 (6)
- August 2012 (6)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (5)
- May 2012 (7)
- April 2012 (9)
- March 2012 (13)
- February 2012 (9)
- January 2012 (9)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (7)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (11)
- August 2011 (10)
- July 2011 (8)
- June 2011 (14)
- May 2011 (13)
- April 2011 (17)
- March 2011 (3)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Vimeo Promotes Anjali Sud to CEO
- Watch Chester Bennington Describe Dark Thought That Inspired 'Heavy': 'This is Like a Bad Neighborhood and I Should Not go Walking Alone'
- See Diddy, Lil Yachty & More in Pirelli Calendar's First All-Black Issue
- Taylor Swift Earns Pre-Trial Victory Over DJ Who Allegedly Groped Her With Judge's Sanction
- Christian Nodal Signs With SESAC Latina: Exclusive
- Chester Bennington Honored by Dodgers, Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, Stormzy & More
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Everything Harry Styles Says & Does In 'Dunkirk'
- Chester Bennington Remembered: Prince William Once Admitted He Was a Linkin Park Fan
- Stream Meek Mill's New Album 'Wins & Losses'