Holly Knight Master Class August 7th
One of the greatest questions posed by man is “What makes a great song?” Three-time Grammy award winner and Songwriting Hall of Fame member Holly Knight will help answer that question for LAMA students during her Master Class Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 8pm. Full event details are available at the Facebook event page here.
Highlights of her career, pulled from her official bio, include:
- Citing Mike Chapman as her mentor, together, they penned Spider’s single, Better Be Good To Me, which music icon Tina Turner recorded six months later on her 1984 multi platinum album, Private Dancer, which won a Grammy for Record of The Year.
- Knight’s meteoric rise to success continued when she wrote the chart-topping, Love Is A Battlefield andInvincible for Pat Benatar, The Warrior for Patty Smyth, Change for John Waite, Baby Me for Chaka Khan, Never for Heartand Pleasure And Pain for Divinyls.
- Always driven by some internal force, Holly continued writing hits, Love Touch for Rod Stewart, Obsession for Animotion, Hide Your Heart for KISS, Rag Doll with Aerosmith, Space for Cheap Trick, and many more.
- Her songs have appeared in movies as varied as Thelma and Louise, Mad Max Beyond The Thunderdome, Stewart Little, Thirteen Going On Thirty and Hot Tub Fantasy, and on TV shows such as American Idol, The Voice, 30 Rock, Family Guy, The Simpsons, Oprah Winfrey, Nip Tuck, South Park, and most recently The Voice ﬁnale, culminating in a stellar duet of Love Is A Battleﬁeld with Cee Lo Green and one of the ﬁnal contestants.
- In 2002 Holly produced and co-wrote the title theme song for the hugely popular cult TV show, Angel.
- She wrote and produced the title theme song for the CBS hit sitcom, Still Standing, which received an ASCAP award for recognition as one of the top TV music themes of 2003, and again in 2004.
- Knight’s songwriting has earned her numerous awards including three Grammys® and thirteen ASCAP songwriter awards.
- In June 2013, the songstress was inducted into The Songwriters Hall Of Fame , along with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith, Foreigner, JD Souther and Tony Hatch.
We are very excited to welcome Holly to LAMA!